Network Systems Administrator
Location : Ann Arbor, Michigan
The Systems Administrator is responsible for the purchase, installation, configuration and maintenance of systems hardware, software and infrastructure. This individual monitors the systems and services, and plans for upgrades and future expansion. This individual ensures that system hardware, software and related procedures adhere to organizational values. This individual will assist project teams with technical issues including the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy. This individual will support project teams in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all key resources.
- Develop, maintain, and monitor procedures for all server business continuity and disaster recovery procedures.
- Maintain MS Active Directory network
- Configure and deploy new physical and virtual servers using Hyper-V.
- Maintain VPN routers, Wireless routers, and internet connectivity
- Research and recommend new equipment, technologies, and services. Purchase and work with various vendors for procurement and configuration.
- Install new software, hardware, and other systems as required.
- Software licensing and renewal.
- Perform after hours support as required by job and as emergencies arise.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science is preferred.
- 3+ years as a Systems Administrator
- 3+ years of experience with server virtualization, preferably Hyper-V.
- 2+ years of experience with Active Directory, DNS, TCP/IP and HTTP
- MS Active Directory,
- Microsoft Office, Exchange, and Office 365
- Windows Client and Server O/S
- Microsoft SQL Server
- CISCO Switch/Router experience
- SAN and RAID configuration and support
- Information Technology Security experience (e.g. ISO27K)
- SQL, PowerShell programming, SharePoint experience a plus
Required license or certification:
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship
Job Type: Full-time
- Network Administration: 2 years
- Active Directory: 2 years