Software Applications Engineer
Position Title: Software Applications Engineer
Location : Ann Arbor, Michigan
Purpose : Provide implementation and consulting support of our enterprise software application, Velocity®, across multiple projects, work individually and with our developers, project managers, customers, IT staff and users.
Company Background : Retail Velocity (VMT) is an established and growing software developer of an enterprise application that provides data warehousing and business analytics to the consumer goods and retail industries. Our mission is to improve sales and eliminate supply chain inefficiencies through strategic technology and the application of decades of retail experience. We offer a flexible work environment, competitive pay and benefits.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Information Science, Statistics or Logistics related field
- Strong knowledge and skills deploying scalable database applications
- Desire to work in a multi-disciplinary, rapid-paced team environment
- Excellent organization, documentation and communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with team members, customers and users to understand complex requirements and offer creative innovative solutions
Additional Desired Skills:
- Experience developing with SSAS, Sharepoint, Performance Point, Install Shield
- 2+ years of experience developing, deploying and supporting Microsoft technologies, including SQL Server, Transact-SQL, SSRS, and .Net web applications supporting relational databases and data warehouses
- Microsoft certifications in database or BI disciplines
- Experience with EDI or ETL technologies
- Innovative, creative, detail oriented, problem-solver
- Ability to “troubleshoot” difficult problems
- Commitment to constant quality improvement
- Design and implement business rules and application support functions using Transact-SQL procedures, triggers and functions.
- Design and implementation of creative database and web application solutions using Microsoft technologies
- Design and manage customer reporting solutions
- Deploy and manage scalable database solutions
- Develop and maintain our quality assurance testing operations
- Other tasks as assigned
FLSA Classification: Exempt Salaried Position
Reporting Manager : Director, Customer Acct Relations
Job Type: Full-time
- SSAS, Sharepoint, Performance Point, Install Shield: 1 year
If you’re interested in this position, contact us by clicking here. Thank you in advance for your interest in Retail Velocity.